Phentermine is an amphetamine-like stimulant that accelerates the weight loss process by suppressing appetite. The prescription drug which has been used by many individuals provides users great weight loss results within a short period of time. Phentermine works by interfering with the brain function, inhibiting the hunger hormones from sending information to the brain leading to reduced food (calorie) intake.
One pill (or the recommended dose) should be taken early in the morning before breakfast. Avoid taking phentermine in the evening since it can interfere with your sleeping pattern by causing sleeplessness.
Precautions When Taking Phentermine
Phentermine is a drug with both positive and negative effects hence users are required to exercise caution when taking it. You shouldn’t take this slimming pill if:
- You have pulmonary hypertension or high blood pressure
- You have or previously had heart disease such as congestive heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, stroke etc.
- You are or were an alcoholic or a drug abuser
- You are allergic or sensitive to cold medications, diet pills, stimulants, and amphetamines.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You have glaucoma.
If you have kidney or thyroid problem, diabetes or high blood pressure, ensure that you first alert your doctor. Also, be aware that phentermine is highly addictive hence you should not take it for more than twelve weeks.
Why People Love Phentermine
There are so many reasons as to why people love phentermine and below are some of the top reasons.
It’s Clinically Approved
This weight loss drug has been clinically tested and approved. Phentermine is usually administered by a doctor to patients who are overweight or obese with extreme BMIs.
It’s available in Generic Forms
This means that people have the option of using the generic phentermine pills which they find suitable.
It’s Effective and Safe
The effectiveness and safety of this slimming pill is another reason why people love phentermine. It’s normally recommended by doctors and the safety of the consumer is usually guaranteed.
It Accelerates the Weight Loss Process
Phentermine reviews show that users of this drug can experience significant weight loss within just a couple of weeks.
It Improves Focus and Mental Function
Apart from weight loss, this prescription drug helps to enhance concentration and focus required during activities such as workouts. It also improves mental functions leading to increased activity endurance.
Recent Study about Phentermine
There has been a lot of research about phentermine of late. A recent study about phentermine was conducted with an aim to test its safety and effectiveness among patients. From the results, this prescription drug uses its appetite suppressant feature to create a calorie deficit in the body leading to weight loss. It’s advised that patients should only use this drug for a short period of time i.e. 12 weeks or less. They can also use it intermittently in order to avoid addiction.
The recent study about phentermine also indicates that some users ended up experiencing side effects such as:
- Dizziness and Anxiety
- Nausea and Headache
- Dry Mouth
- Indigestion and Constipation
- Insomnia and Sleeplessness
- Skin rashes, sweating and mood changes
- Dry mouth
- Back pain and chest discomfort among others.
However, the recent study about phentermine shows that these side effects are usually mild, occasional and disappear after a few days.
Serious Phentermine Reactions
This diet pill is recommended for use for only a short period of time because it can be addictive and cause serious side effects such as:
- Psychological and physical overdependence. This is where the user fully depends on this drug to maintain their long-term weight loss goals and to improve their mental function.
- It might lead to episodes of psychosis
- Heart diseases such as the multi-valvular heart disease which involves the heart valves.
Patient Education Regarding Phentermine
As a patient taking phentermine, you should be aware that:
- Taking this medication late in the evening or at night will lead to insomnia.
- The weight loss effects get more amplified if you adhere to a low-calorie diet.
- In case of irregular heartbeat i.e. fast or slow pounding of the heart, quickly notify your physician.
- Avoid any kind of task that requires motor skills or mental alertness until phentermine’s response has been established.
Phentermine is normally marketed under numerous brand names which include:
- Qsymia and others.
The Available Forms of Phentermine
Phentermine is available in the following forms:
- Capsules (hydrochloride capsules) in 30 mg, 18.75 mg and 15 mg from the Fastin brand and 37.5 mg from Adipex.
- Tablets (hydrochloride tablets) in 37.5 mg and 8 mg from Adipex.
- Capsules (resin complex capsules) in 30 mg and 15 mg from lonamin.
Final Thoughts about Phentermine
Generally, this FDA-approved drug has amazing weight loss benefits which are usually noticeable within a short period of time. As a user, the only thing that you have to do is to take the drug as prescribed by the doctor and to implement a diet and workout routine for better benefits.